August 24, 2010

Purpose

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand."   - Proverbs 19:21

I am a planner. I like to know what I am doing, where I am doing it, and when it will be done. The result is that I somehow end up with three planners for this semester. I plan for the known, I plan for the unknown, and I plan for plans B-Z if plan A doesn't go according to plan. So, of course, making a plan for what I hope this blog to be is only natural, right?

As much as I would like to sit here and describe what I plan for this blog to be, I know the truth is that I honestly don't know what I am doing here! I 'plan' to use this space to share what God is doing in my life with those who are willing to hear it. I'll explain at another time all that I have learned from God in the past few months, but I do know that I want those (and future) explanations shared. There is so much that God has taught me about myself, about Himself, and about those around me that are screaming to be told. I'm not going to claim that they will all be interesting, or even that all that I put in this space is going to follow a certain formula or method. I am just trusting that all that I might have planned would be taken away and that God's purpose be all that remains.



More than ever before, I am finding myself desiring after Christ. My heart is yearning after him in such mighty ways and while I know it has always been there, I feel such a passion for serving God that cannot be contained. It pains me to think that I have wasted any second not wholeheartedly striving after God. No more. I have committed myself to Him, and I am so excited to live out that commitment in any way possible! I desire to serve, to pray, to praise, to care, to encourage, to behave, to suffer, to love, to wait, to grow, to listen, to speak, to seek, to endure, to follow, and to yearn for God with all that I am!

My only prayer is that those who hear may be blessed and that God would be glorified.

I am excited for what is to come, and thankful that there are people who care enough to read what I write. So, welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled that you are where you are...so blessed that everything came together to get you there...God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete